The People’s retail Guide is responsible for providing exceptional and personal service to all who enter People’s. The Guides fulfill various roles within the People’s retail environment, as outlined below. It is imperative that every Guide represents the brand with professionalism, passion, and provide extensive cannabis product knowledge to every customer.
The People’s Guide should be regarded as the most warm, welcoming, passionate, helpful, knowledgeable and professional people within the cannabis retail community and beyond.
- Provide excellent and personalized customer service as well as maintain a professional, positive helpful, and friendly attitude in all positions as a Guide
- Follow all store procedures, protocols and rules
- Cashier transactions with attention to detail and accuracy
- Cash handling and drawer reconciliation must be impeccable
- Always maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Always maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Greet/acknowledge customers, vendors and guests as they enter and leave the store
- Check validity of government-issued identification and Medical Marijuana ID (MMID) cards
- Thoroughly check customer profiles for notes or banned customers
- Ensure reception and downstairs area is clean and organized
- Restock supplies as needed. IE: water, retail bags, stickers, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Answer phone calls and assist customers or guests with any questions
- Handle and cashier kiosk and pick up orders
- Quickly and efficiently place, process and fill online, kiosk and delivery orders
- Ensure correct product is pulled and bagged for each order
- Pay attention to details and accurately prepare each order
- Identify and communicate items unable to fulfill due to inventory discrepancies to the Manager on Duty or Inventory Manager
- Assist customers with possible substitutions when items are sold out or are unable to be fulfilled
- Provide professional and excellent customer service by demonstrating strong product knowledge and sales skills
- Identify customer needs and provide them with all possible product options and price points
- Follow merchandising guidelines and maintain all product displays as set by vendors or buyers
- Assist Inventory Team when restocking product
- Stay current with all product knowledge and vendor training as provided by People’s Management
- Educate customers on product features, benefits, pricing, method of consumption, etc. as outlined in the training materials
- Ensure sales floor, counters, displays and general upstairs area is always clean and organized
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass a comprehensive background check
- Valid identification to work in the US
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Must be proactive and solution oriented with a positive attitude
- Strong multi-tasker and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in technology software, desktop electronics, MS Office
- Retail experience is a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.