The first records of cannabis being used for medical purposes date back to as many as 10 000 years ago. Back then, marijuana was mixed with wine and administered as an anesthetic by ancient Chinese surgeons. Needless to say, medicinal cannabis has gone a long way since those times.
Today, cutting-edge medicinal weed products can be legally bought at numerous marijuana stores in California. Depending on the specific product type, they can be used to alleviate pain and stress, speed up muscle recovery, and even combat appetite loss in cancer patients.
In this article, we’ll explain how medicinal weed-infused products can help you deal with a problem many Americans have to deal with on a daily basis: migraines. Furthermore, we’ll tell you what the best place to purchase medicinal weed in California is. Read on to learn more.
How does cannabis relieve pain?
Your body contains a network of cannabinoid receptors. These receptors are actually tiny protein loops that affect how you experience pain. Weed contains natural substances called cannabinoids.
When they enter your body, these cannabinoids naturally gravitate toward receptors, and can temporarily change how these receptors function. This can decrease or even completely calm down pain signals. These same cannabinoids can also aid with anxiety, nausea, muscle spasms, and more.
What cannabis products help prevent migraines?
The two primary cannabinoids in marijuana are THC and CBD. THC is the compound that gets you high, while CBD (cannabidiol) doesn’t have mind-altering properties but can ease pain. Studies have shown that both THC and CBD can help lower migraine frequency and provide discomfort relief.
This occurs in different ways based on the product used:
- Most THC-containing cannabis products are designed to get you high. As such, they can serve as an anesthetic that eases migraine pain or even shuts it down completely, especially if THC is consumed before the pain fully kicks in. Also, the way a person perceives pain has a lot to do with their state of mind. In other words, migraine pain isn’t going to affect you as much while you’re enjoying a good high.
- CBD-rich weed products (especially CBD oil) can alleviate arthritis pain and reduce inflammation, and there’s evidence they can help with migraines as well. As CBD isn’t psychoactive, its usage won’t interfere with work and other obligations that require a clear mind.
Where can I legally buy cannabis products near me?
If you live in California, and you’re at least 21 years old, you can legally purchase recreational and medicinal marijuana products at any weed dispensary. However, just as it is with alcohol and tobacco, cannabis use and sales are subject to strict regulations.
Always keep these three things in mind when buying marijuana:
- You can’t consume weed products anywhere where cigarettes are disallowed. That means you’re not allowed to use them at the Santa Ana College or any other public or government-owned area.
- When it comes to driving, recreational cannabis follows the same laws as alcohol. In other words, you should never drive while under the influence of a THC-rich product.
- Again, similar to alcohol, you can’t openly carry a marijuana product in public. It must remain in a nondescript package, preferably the same one it was packed in at the dispensary.
Where can I find superb marijuana stores in California?
As the top provider of weed products in California, People’s OC is superbly equipped to satisfy your every medicinal or recreational cannabis need. Between our modern and spacious premises, our comprehensive catalog, and our team of seasoned budtenders, we have everything you could possibly want in a marijuana dispensary.
Visit our premises today, or give us a call if you’d like to learn more about what we do. We can’t wait to meet you.