The end is nigh! With January 1 almost here, it’s time to start thinking about how to celebrate NYE 2021 with your favorite cannabis products. Since this isn’t exactly a normal year, finding a responsible way to ring in the new year will take more creativity than usual.
Luckily, one of the many benefits of cannabis is its ability to stimulate creative tendencies. After sampling some Cali Fresh pre-rolls, we here at People’s put our heads together to think about what to do for New Year’s Eve:
- Throw the smallest party ever with your quaran-team
- Watch a live New Year’s countdown at home
- Enjoy NYE fireworks in the park, or
- Find some fun and responsible New Year’s Eve events in Orange County
While there are definitely fewer NYE events happening this year, there’s still plenty to do. You can count down to midnight at Social in Costa Mesa or the Montage in Huntington Beach, and daytime events span the county from Surf City to Santa Ana. This year, every celebration is a masked ball—so go have a great time!
Where Should I Go for New Year’s 2021 in Orange County?
Finding things to do to celebrate the new year was no easy task, but there are a few parties still happening around Orange County. We don’t recommend crowding in a room with a bunch of strangers, but luckily, there are plenty of safer options available. Here are our top picks for NYE 2021 events:
- Gatsby’s House Party at the Pasea Hotel in Huntington Beach. Presented by Orange County Nightlife, this is a celebration where you’re encouraged to dress up like it’s the Roaring Twenties all over again. If you don’t have your New Year’s Eve outfit yet, pick up a zoot suit or flapper dress and twist the night away while enjoying their 4-hour open bar and rooms full of well-known DJs.
- Surf City Splash at Zack’s in Huntington Beach. If you’re looking for a fun, outdoor way to splash into the new year, this virtual event is perfect. Get your best themed outfit together, take a dip, and post it on social media. This year, the goal is to raise awareness about the Surfrider Foundation, so make sure to tag them in your video! Donations are optional.
What to Do for an At-Home New Year’s Eve Bash
2020 has changed the way we celebrate, but it doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun. Ultimately, it’s not the size of the party that matters, it’s the quality of the people attending it. Plan some one-on-one time with your best friend, significant other, or another person in your bubble for a happy hour that won’t end until after the year does. Here are some People’s party tips:
- Even if you’re only with one or two people, decorate! Pick up some streamers, tinsel, party poppers, and New Year’s balloons to get the vibe going. Look, even if the 300 guests you wanted to invite won’t get to see it in person, they’ll still see it on Instagram. It’s easy to feel festive once you’ve set the scene.
- Stock up on essentials, by which we mean cannabis and snacks. Pick up a few healthy sweet snacks for the munchies you’ll have later, and surprise your favorite person with a special spread of delicious food. Just gotta do it while they’re distracted! For an early start on your New Year’s resolution, swap out the champagne for Cann Social Tonic this year and get your CBD wellness boost going when the clock strikes midnight.
- Set up a photo booth. It’s easy to DIY a photo station at home: all you need is a phone tripod and a great backdrop. Pick up a few funny accessories at your local party store—there should be a few left over from Halloween.
Fireworks and More: Outdoor NYE 2021 Celebration Ideas
If you want to watch the live New Year’s Eve countdown in person instead of on TV, there are a few Orange County cities planning some outdoor events for NYE 2021, including:
- Laguna Beach
- Costa Mesa
- Dana Point
- Newport Beach
If you live in or near one of those areas, you can kick back and watch some great New Year’s Eve fireworks from your backyard, the beach, or a nearby park. Pack an extra jacket, a warm blanket, and bring a few cannabis products with you. There’s nothing quite like enjoying some cannabis edibles under the stars.
Where to Stock Up on Cannabis for New Year’s Eve
Our Santa Ana store is open every day, with special holiday hours for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. On December 31st, we’ll be open from 8 AM to 8 PM. On New Year’s Day, we’ll be open from 10 AM to 6 PM.
We’re available for online Express Pickup ordering and in-store visits, and we’ll also be keeping our free cannabis delivery service going for Orange County residents who are staying at home.
Whether you’re an edibles fan or a flower smoker, People’s has everything you need for the holidays. Visit us or order delivery any day of the week, and our friendly cannabis Guides will connect you with the best cannabis products for your lifestyle and needs. We look forward to serving you soon!