Ask most people, and they’ll tell you that there’s nothing complicated about using recreational cannabis. All you have to do is buy some weed and learn how to pack it in a bowl, and you’re all set, right? If only things were so simple.
The reality is that cannabis, also known as marijuana, comes in many different strains, all of which have different effects. Depending on what your needs are, cannabis can be used in a thousand different ways. Smoking the Garanimals strain will be a different experience than enjoying a bowl of Crescendo or Jack Herer. The strains of cannabis that you buy, as well as how you consume them, can have a huge effect on how they make you feel.
How to Find the Right Cannabis Strain for You
The beauty of the cannabis experience is that it is unique to each person. As a newbie, part of your journey will involve experimenting over time to find out what the right cannabis strain for you feels like. It just takes trial and error. Remember: nobody knows your body better than you. Do your due diligence by speaking to a cannabis Guide to find out more about cannabis products before you try them.
Figuring out what’s right for your needs and lifestyle takes time and guidance. People’s is here to help. You can ask any of our Guides for help if you need some advice on finding the best cannabis product for you. You can speak to one of our experts by coming to our store, or even schedule a consultation ahead of time.
How to Use Cannabis in a Fun and Safe Way
Trying out cannabis may be intimidating, and we want everyone to have a good time. Responsible use of cannabis is still necessary in order to avoid having an unpleasant experience.
Common marijuana mistakes you should avoid include:
- Overindulgence. Wait at least 10 minutes between each hit, pay attention to how your body reacts, and ease yourself into the high. Don’t let anyone pressure you into smoking more cannabis than you’re comfortable with.
- Buying based on peer pressure. Different weed strains have vastly different effects, and it can even vary from person to person. What’s right for your spouse or best friend may not be right for you. If one strain doesn’t get you high (or is too strong), try another. If you shop in-store at People’s, ask the person helping you to recommend some beginner-friendly strains. Try a few different strains until you find the one that suits you.
- Unrealistic expectations. TV shows and Hollywood comedies have conditioned us to think that cannabis is a magical plant that makes you hallucinate or giggle all day long. Much like the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the real experience is what you make it. Cannabis can make your everyday routine feel more fun, help you keep calm in stressful situations, and it won’t give you Reefer Madness.
- Not planning ahead. Clear your schedule before using cannabis. Do not use weed if you’re going to be driving, working, caring for children, or doing anything else that requires your full concentration. Always be responsible about your weed use.
- Ignoring the law. Don’t drive after consuming cannabis, and keep it far away from public places like parks, beaches, or Disneyland. In California, smoking weed on the beach or other public places is not allowed, and you can be fined for it. Having open containers of cannabis inside your car violates open container laws, so make sure you keep your products sealed and away when you’re not using them in an authorized area.
I’m New to Cannabis! Where Should I Go for Legal Weed Delivery?
People’s provides the fastest weed delivery in Santa Ana, CA—and it’s fee-free! Whether you’re a beginner or a longtime marijuana aficionado, you should always buy your cannabis from a trusted source. As one of the largest dispensaries in California, People’s OC is the leading provider of recreational and medicinal weed in Orange County. People’s cannabis delivery is available within a wide radius of our store, so order today!
You can also visit us at our premises and have a chat with one of our seasoned Guides. They will happily recommend a product that suits your lifestyle and experience level. Are you looking for an introduction to the wonderful world of cannabis? Look no further.