Ask most people, and they’ll tell you that there’s nothing complicated about using recreational cannabis. All you have to do is buy some weed and learn how to roll a half-decent joint, and you’re all set, right? If only things were so simple.
The reality is that marijuana comes in many different strains and can be used in a thousand different ways. Which cannabis you buy and how you consume it can have a huge effect on how it makes you feel. Most beginners are unaware of this, which is why they often make mistakes that can ruin their weed experience and even turn them off of it permanently.
Before you grab your phone and dial the number of your favorite Santa Ana CA weed delivery service, take a moment to learn more about some of the most common mistakes weed first-timers make. Read on!
What are some common mistakes new cannabis users make?
Unlike alcohol, weed can’t cause you to overdose, get addicted, or have your stomach pumped because you partied too hard. However, responsible use is still necessary in order to avoid giving yourself a bad trip or otherwise ruining your day.
Common marijuana mistakes you should avoid include:
- Overindulgence. Smoking too much too fast is a big no-no if you’re a beginner. Wait at least 5-10 minutes between each hit. Pay attention to how your body reacts, and let it ease itself into the high. Don’t let anyone pressure you into smoking more or faster; you’re doing this for yourself, not for others.
- Trying the wrong strain. Different weed strains have vastly different effects. If one strain doesn’t get you high (or is too strong), try another. Let your budtender know that you’re a newbie and ask them to recommend beginner-friendly strains. Buy a little of each and experiment until you find the one that suits you.
- Unrealistic expectations. TV shows and Hollywood comedies have conditioned us to think that cannabis is some magical plant that makes you giggle all day long and may even induce hallucinations. Temper your expectations and don’t forget that, at the end of the day, movies are just make-believe.
- Not planning ahead. Clear your schedule before taking cannabis. Absolutely do not use weed if you’re going to be driving, working, caring for children, or doing anything else that requires your full concentration. Always be responsible about your weed use.
- Ignoring the law. Everybody knows you’re not allowed to drive while high. But did you know that you also can’t smoke at public places (such as at Disneyland), can’t buy marijuana products through a drive-through window and that you can only transport ganja in a nondescript bag? Taking the time to learn about this stuff can save you a lot of grief down the road.
What about medical marijuana?
Medical cannabis rarely contains THC (the substance in weed that gets you high), so there’s little risk of overindulgence. Still, it’s never a bad idea to be careful. When in doubt, medicinal marijuana users should always follow their doctor’s instructions and consult their prescription before making any medical weed purchases.
Who provides the fastest Santa Ana CA weed delivery?
Regardless of whether you’re a beginner or a longtime marijuana aficionado, you should always buy your cannabis from a trusted source. As the largest dispensary in California, People’s OC is Santa Ana’s leading provider of recreational and medicinal weed.
Visit us at our premises today and have a chat with one of our seasoned budtenders. They will happily recommend a product that ideally suits your needs and experience level. We would love to be your gateway to the wonderful world of marijuana.